Thursday 21 August 2014

Would I do it better?

The bible is filled with characters that are flawed and all wonderfully human..... But us as humans are often prone to judge.....(don't roll your eyes you know what you do)
We have the tendency to look at a situation or a decision that someone made and think "I could have done that better"
Sometimes, maybe we could have done it better but most times we probably would have made the same mistake over and over again.

Let's face it, we all at one point, thought that we could have better than Peter who denied Jesus, but put the same position wouldn't you vehemently deny Jesus, wouldn't you..................(think about that...)
Mable, the disciple?????


So......recently I sat down and thought to myself, what could I have any better with the situation presented to me as those bible characters.

First of all, as Peter I probably would have punched the dude who dared suggest I was in cahoots with a known criminal. Then I would probably deny Jesus more than three times............knowing how much of a coward I really am.

As Judas Iscariot? let's see....now I am not trying to defend the guy because what he did stinks, but I think Judas was someone who was interested in self preservation.
In his shoes wouldn't you do the same thing??? When they (they, being the Pharisees) tell you just go kiss the guy and you will be rich, wouldn't you....I mean you are just kissing the guy's cheek for silver!!!
I am not trying to justify what he did, I'm just saying he was all too human...how many times have you sold out someone you considered a friend just to get ahead, I see it every day at work places.

As Esther......a lot of people have complained that this strong lady shouldn't have hesitated when Mordecai asked her to go to the king on behalf of her people.....Now put yourself in her shoes, you fell in love with and married the King of Persia who happens to have a whole kingdom of women pining after him and some would even be willing to be kill for him. And you've fallen out of favour with your husband, who just happens to have this rule that if you go visit him uninvited you die.....Now with the way i like my neck, i probably would have said "HEEEEEELLLLL NOOOOOO, you go see the King and let him kill you!"

Samson; Samson was in love.....He was in love with a woman who he thought loved him back...Okay I can't speak for men because i am obviously very female but what i can do though is to pose this question.........haven't you ever had this one person that you keep going back to even though you know that he/she is going to hurt you but you keep going back anyhow?? Well I do have that person. So don't judge the guy because he was soooo obviously in love he couldn't think straight.

David....David was lazy, he didn't want to go and fight, and he just so happened to be taking a stroll when he saw a naked woman taking a shower. Of course he lusted.......He was human to the point of jealousy that he caused the death of the husband of that woman yet God said he was a man after his own heart. and you wonder why that is.....

Eve....hehe now this one, most people blame her because we were kicked out of eden.....but as a lady, haven't you ever been deceived??? I certainly have by someone who seemed so good to be true, so i don't know if i would have resisted the serpent. and I DON'T THINK ANY OF YOU WOULD HAVE EITHER SO DON'T JUDGE!!

There are soooo many other examples of human flaws in the Bible; Solomon the wisest guy but also the one who had "farm" of women that eventually led to his downfall, (I know sooo many men envy this guy) and soooo many others as well

When God forgives, He forgives totally and He remembers our sins no more....now as human, we are not God but we have the tendency to judge others but I tell you, given the same sort of circumstances and situations, you would probably do the same thing or worse.

We are not perfect, we are all flawed so we shouldn't judge any one else
A wise man once said, "don't judge me until you have walked a mile in my shoes"

and with that I sign off
Mable

No comments:

Post a Comment