Wednesday 1 October 2014

ALEX KIRUNGI...........GONE SO SOON

I have been putting this off for quite awhile now, knowing that if I put to paper who he was to me and i'm sure sooooo many other people and essentially immortalise my best friend on the internet it will like a final confirmation that he is really gone.
Any how....here goes nothing;
this piece is not a sob story but rather a celebration of a life well lived
for some reason he thought I had a gift of writing, and he did promise that I would write his biography so I guess this is start.
 
He was posted this poem an anonymous poet on Facebook and as I read through it after finding out about his death, I realized that this captured his very essence;
 
As I stumble through this life,
help me to create more laughter than tears,
dispense more cheer than gloom,
spread more cheer than despair.
 
Never let me become so indifferent,
that I will fail to see the wonders in the eyes of a child,
or the twinkle in the eyes of the aged.
 
Never let me forget that my total effort is to cheer people,
make them happy, and forget momentarily,
all the unpleasantness in their lives.
 
And in my final moment,
may I hear You whisper:
"When you made My people smile,
you made Me smile."
 
I will forever be grateful to Mark Zuckerberg for Facebook.....yes, Alex and I met on Facebook about 3 years ago and he was using a pseudo account, Claude St. John.
at first I thought I had made a white a friend, but when this 'white friend' of mine gave me a warid number I started to get suspicious.
But from the first conversation I just knew that it was the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
And the reason for the fake name; he loved French names and he said he will be naming his kids French names.
 
this is my description of Alex;
He was 30 but looked about 12 years old and he had the mind of both a 10year old and 60 year old man....He would spew nonsense and wisdom in the same sentence. He accepted people as they were and didn't judge anyone.
He was crazy as hell.....a lot of the things he thought and did I won't write because, well, he is dead and you don't talk things about the dead that make them seem like less of an angel than they really were. LOL, maybe I can share one thing........one of the things on his bucket list was to take a drive around the whole country.......naked.
And he always encouraged me to break a few hearts before I settle down
He was a mentor, a fighter, a child, an adult, a big brother, a little brother, best friend, advisor, the silliest person ever, the humblest person ever and he had the sexiest eyes I have ever seen on a man besides Boris Kodjoe plus he had the most radical views I had ever heard from anyone. And he loved white forest cake more than me which is saying something and he lived to make people laugh.
On just one thing did we disagree on, and that was the fact that Arsenal is not the greatest team on earth.
 
I miss him everyday and it is soooo hard for me knowing that we will never get to talk trash about our spouses or of the deal we made (you broke our deal Alex!)
but either I know that he is in a much better place making Angels laugh with his twisted humor
I love you......REST IN PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment